Saturday, November 29, 2008

Marriage??

Got a shock of my life when my sister told me that one of my student has married. (I used to be a part-time tutor).

The most unbelievable thing is that, she was one of my brightest student but subsequently dropped out from school when she was 16 years old.

I taught her for 2 years, when she was still 13/14 years old. But I stopped tutoring her when my classes clashed with her timetable.

Sigh, wonder what would it be, if I continue to tutor her, am pretty sure she wont fall into the wrong crowd. She was like a sister to me.

This student of mine is a very pretty girl and it is not surprisingly that guys constantly try to court her. She does her homework diligently and did very well for her science subject. If my memory doesn't failed me, she even topped her class the first year I taught her.

Not sure what's got into her to take such drastic move to stop schooling but such a pity to have abandoned her education when she has so much in herself. I remembered when I was offered scholarships from UTAR & Nilai International, I wasn't quiet sure which to choose, and showed her some pictures for comparison. Obviously she chose Nilai, (Who wont? Given the resort-feeling kind of place)

Well, all i can say is just "Congratulation and great years ahead with your love ones".

P/S: She is not pregnant and she is 18 this year.

Why is everyone getting married in 2008??
1. My cousin sister - Lai Kuan
2. My ex-colleague - Syaridah
3. My colleague - Danny
4. My manager - Sarina
5. My ex-student - Xxx
6. My friend - Yu Yen (Soon to be :))
7. Myself - 2015

1 comments:

Michael Yip said...

Couples find it time that's why they tied the knot.

Some couples don't want to lose each other, that's why they tied the knot.

Sometimes, it's pressure from the family that created that effect.

At the end of the day, follow the heart, do what's right. That's the only way.